Watch Repair FAQ
Do you perform watch repairs?
Yes! We repair all makes and models. If you need a battery, strap, crystal, refinished dial, complete overhaul, or anything else that might go wrong with your watch, we can fix it. If you would like an estimate to repair your watch then please feel free to visit any of our locations, or use our repair submission form, available here. We are also available to answer any repair questions you may have by telephone (888-61-WATCH or locally 401-946-0930) or e-mail, but we cannot provide a firm price quote until we have your watch for evaluation..
Will you call me with my estimate?
For walk in customers if we are unable to provide you with an estimate while you wait we will call you with all pricing regarding your repair. For mail in customers we will email you the estimate, unless an email address is not provided in which case we will mail a hard copy of your estimate to the mailing address provided.
What is your turnaround time?
Our average turnaround time for repairs is less than two weeks for most of the year, except mechanical or automatic overhauls which can run 4-6 weeks with proper quality control checks which take 5 days, starting at approval of the estimate. Our summer months can run longer due to higher volume and you should check with us for our current turnaround time before you mail in the watch or when you drop it off.
What services do you offer?
We offer watch sales and repair on all makes and models. We carry Hadley Roma, and Hirsch straps and watch bands, as well as many original manufacturers’ bracelets. We use original manufacturer’s parts for most watch repairs, and are able to restore watches dating back over 100 years old.
- Crystal replacement
- Complete overhauls and rebuilds
- Dial refinishing
- Case and bracelet polishing
- Stem and crown replacement
- Bezel replacement and/or refinishing
Do you do Jewelry repair?
Although we will service all items sold by us, we do not work on jewelry. Only watches please.
I have a watch that needs to be repaired, how do I get an estimate?
If you send us your watch with the repair estimate request form, available here, we will be happy to provide you an estimate within 5 business days of receipt. If you are not local then please send us your watch with the repair estimate request form, available here, we will be happy to provide you an estimate within 5 business days of receipt.
- Crystal: The watch glass that is either made of mineral or synthetic scratch resistant sapphire.
- Water Resistant: This is the water pressure that your watch can stand before the seals cease to be functional. Watches with a water resistance level of 50meters-100meters are good for everyday use, but should not be submerged in water. Watches with a water resistance level of 100meters-150meters are good for everyday use including swimming in a pool or at the beach. Watches with a water resistance level over 200 meters are good for everyday use, swimming, and diving to the appropriate depth.
- Screw down crown: The crown locks into place securing the watches water resistance level.
- Screw down back: The caseback locks into place securing the water resistance level of the watch.
- Stem and crown: The part of the watch that is used most often to set the date and time of the watch.
- Luminescent: The glow in the dark aspect of the watch; usually applied to the hands and markers.
Do you engrave?
If there is enough room on the back of the watch then we are able to engrave. Your choice of fonts are block, script, or a monogram. Please remember that watch casebacks are rather small so the more you want to engrave the smaller the words will be.